“Michael is one of the most brilliant and engaging people that I have had the privilege to meet and hear speak. His wide-ranging interpersonal skills allow him to communicate complex ideas in a way that takes into consideration the needs and backgrounds of his audiences."
- Warren Blumenfeld, assistant professor in curriculum and instruction at Iowa State University and co-editor of Investigating Christian Privilege and Religious Oppression in the United States
"He can speak heart-to-heart and bridge high theory with everyday life.He is easily at home with both intellectual and hip-hop culture, and he can take on issues by using accessible language that multiple audiences can relate to and work with.”
- Dr. Laura Rendón, Prominent scholar and author of Sentipensante (Sensing/Thinking)Pedagogy: Educating for Wholeness, Social Justice, and Liberation
"Your presentation on redefining activism was an experience that I hope to carry with me for a long time to come. Your passion was felt throughout the entire room as you unloaded your knowledge and wisdom...thank you for being an inspiration."
- John W. Howie, Multi-Cultural Recruitment Team; President, Black Student Union; Vice President, Penn State University Harrisburg PA
“You are certainly making a difference with your work. Any chance I get I recommend you to other people. Your words were inspiring and I'm glad we have a young brother out there making it happen and motivating our young people.”
- Anilsa Nunez, Assistant Dean of Student Life/Director of Residence Life, St. John’s University, Staten Island NY
“It was indeed a great day for SNC and for the students, and by all accounts you were the highlight. You're making a difference in the world -- and after all, that's what it's supposed to be about!"
— Thomas Kunkel, President, St. Norbert College, De Pere WI
“You are such an inspiration and source of hope for all of our generations, not just your own. Your ability to grasp the complexities of our current conditions and wrap the arms of praxis and love around them is phenomenal.”
— Debyii L. Sababu Thomas, Ph.D. Department of Communication & Culture, Howard University, Washington DC
Dr. Michael Benitez was AMAZING! He was able to understand the dynamics at Southwestern College (being predominately People of Color and Latinx) in a way that was exemplified his presentations., making them extremely relevant to the issues we have here. We have received wonderful feedback about him and would love to bring him back. Not to mention, he is incredibly easy to get along with and extremely adaptable. Thank you for finding such great talent!
- Janelle Williams, Southwestern College, Chula Vista CA
"Michael Benitez, Jr. was the perfect speaker for our Fall Faculty/Staff Academic Workshop which was focused solely on diversity and inclusion. As our keynote speaker he provided us with a well-researched and clear understanding of the most up-to-date terminology, offered touching and humorous anecdotes with the flavor of a gifted storyteller and most importantly, motivated everyone in attendance to come up with creative solutions on how to make our university more diverse, inclusive and equitable for everyone. While our fall workshop was not mandatory, it was the most well-attended workshop we have had in large part due to the draw of Michael Benitez, Jr. We enjoyed him so much, we were sad to see him go. I highly recommend him to any institution as a remarkable keynote speaker."
- Dr. Terri Jett, Associate Professor of Political Science and Special Assistant to the Provost for Diversity and Inclusivity, Butler University